Commercial Pilot Training

Commercial Pilot Training

About The Program: 


The Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) is required to pursue a career in aviation.  It allows you to work for any Canadian Air Operator. After your CPL, you can do your Instrument Rating, Multi Engine Rating, Aerobatics Rating and ATP Licence.



– 18 years of age

– Private Pilot License 

 Complete a class 1 aviation medical

– Valid ID



Flight Training


Training Device

Hours In Program

Total Cost

Cessna Solo



Cessna Dual







Ground Training


Ground School



Basic Ground Briefs







Misc Fees


Transport Canada Licensing Fees



Transport Canada Written Test Fees






NAV Canada









Training Cost




 *Costs are approximate:

– They are based on training in a C-172

– They will vary according to the amount of time an individual student takes to reach the standard

– HST at 13% is not included

– Fees charged by other parties such as medical are estimates as these parties set their own fees



Training requires completion of 80 hours of ground school, 35 hours of dual instruction and 30 hours solo.  In order to obtain your licence, you must have completed 200 hours total time of which 100 hours of pilot in command. 

About OAS:


Ottawa Aviation Services (OAS) is a pilot training academy with 25 years of successful training. OAS is a modern, innovative company that provides high-quality, competency-based pilot training programs located the Ottawa International Airport.

An Aviation Job for Every Graduate: At OAS, we want to help aspiring pilots build exciting careers. OAS has partnerships with 6 different airlines, creating exciting job opportunities for all of our students.

Centrally located 20 minutes from downtown, our bilingual staff is able to meet all your training needs.

How To Apply:


You can apply now using our Online Application Form, or by calling or emailing to set up an appointment to complete your application forms. Application requirements include a valid photo ID, your Class 1 Canadian Medical, and the authorization from a parent or guardian if you are under the age of 18. Once your file has been completed and reviewed by our Chief Flight Instructor, you will be assigned a primary instructor. Your instructor will guide you through your training.

How To Get An Aviation Medical:


A list of approved Transport Canada Medical Examiners can be found around the world. You can search for medical examiners closest to you on the following website



How To Apply For A Canadian Student Visa:


In order for International Students to train in Canada, you must first apply for a Canadian Student Visa. Online applications can be found on the following website


*Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005