Jazz Aviation Pathway Program (Jazz APP):
Students who graduate from the iATPL Program will have the opportunity to interview for a First Officer with Jazz through their Jazz APP program.
Students become eligible to apply after graduation and if they have met the following benchmarks:
- 80% on written CPL, INRAT, ATPL
- No failures on a Transport Canada flight tests or aviation program check rides
- Have demonstrated a high level of attendance, punctuality, with personal appearance and conduct, as would be expected of an aviation professional
- Recommendations from 2 flight instructors
- Recommendations from members of the faculty
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Students who may not be successful to enter directly with Jazz would be eligible for an interview opportunity with their partners airlines, Bearskin and Wasaya airlines. Transition to Jazz within a few years.
Jazz APP Awards
Students of an affiliate school of the Jazz APP Program are eligible for scholarships. The two scholarships are based on Professionalism and Diversity.
The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism
Awarded to a full-time student in the final year of the Integrated program from Ottawa Aviation Services for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award will consist of a $3000 scholarship, and an opportunity to participate in an interview as part of our hiring program.
The Jazz Aviation Pathway Award for Professionalism and Diversity
Awarded to a full-time student in the final year of the Integrated program from Ottawa Aviation Services who has self-identified as an Aboriginal, a person with a disability, a visible minority or female and for outstanding contributions to safety, leadership and professionalism. The Award will consist of a $3000 scholarship, and an opportunity to participate in an interview as part of our hiring program.
Students who are successful through the destination Porter program will be paired with a Porter Airlines pilot who will act as a mentor to help provide guidance in their career development. Once candidates have accumulated a minimum of 500 hours, they will be invited for an interview with Porter Airlines. If the candidate if successful with the interview and simulator evaluation, they will be offered a conditional offer of employment upon reaching 1000 hours total time.
- Students becomes eligible just before graduation or after graduations and need meet the following benchmarks:
- Minimum GPA 3.00
- Completion of program within the prescribed time frame
- No fails on TC Flight Test that results in a full retest
- No failed courses during program of study
- Recommendation from program CFI, Program Chair or senior instructor
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and personal deportment. Attendance, punctuality, and conduct as would be expected from an aviation professional
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, and self-discipline. Is friendly, courteous and displays leadership potential at the FTU and/or within the community
- Legally able to work in Canada and obtain a Restricted Airside Access Identification Card (RAAIC)
Porter Star Award
Students of an affiliate school of the destination Porter Program are eligible for a scholarship. The award is selected by peer nominations and will go to an individual who is a respected and well-rounded student. This individual finds the time in their busy schedule to help others succeed academically, and in their flying goals. Those that know the candidate will describe the person as professional, caring for others and fun to be with.
Air Georgian SOAR Program:
Students and staff members of OAS are eligible to different programs and awards developed through the Air Georgia recruitment and retention initiative called SOAR – Sharing Opportunities for Advancement and Reward.
Students become eligible for SOAR programs after graduation if they have successfully met the benchmarks of the iATPL program. Student may also chose to build time before applying to Air Georgian and will be eligible to apply through our various instructor pathway programs with AG.
Instructors become eligible for SOAR programs after hiring and reaching at least 300 total time. They can apply for First Officer positions with Air Georgian and be invited to participate in their interview process. If the candidate if successful with the interview and simulator evaluation, they will be offered a conditional offer of employment upon reaching 800 or 1500 hours total time (depending on which position they have applied for)